Can We Have Some Privacy Please!!!!???
1. This Website/The Website is samdamico.com
1.1 The Purpose Of This Website.
- I think of my website (samdamico.com) as a private place filled with private property that can be seen from a public place know as the internet. Just like a brick and mortar structure ya can see it from the outside but ya can’t see anything on the inside until ya visit by entering the structure.
- This website acts as a way to introduce myself to you, tell you about what I do, and communicate with you.
- Ya can also think of this website as functioning like the information desk at a mall. A VERY SMALL mall. If you’re lookin’ for a product or a service, the information desk can point ya to the place to purchase the product or service but ya don’t pay for the product or service at the information desk.
2. What I Think About Privacy As the Person Running This Website
- You’re a visitor/user to this website and as a user/visitor I’d like to let you know about what I think about privacy.
- I’m all for it!!! A lot of stuff ain’t my business and that includes knowing more than I need to know about you. But there is some stuff (data) I’d like to know about you as a visitor to this website in order to serve you better and, if you decide to purchase a product or service, the third parties I work with need to collect the appropriate information (data) to complete the transaction.
- In the world of the interwebs data is a liability and I wanna be liable for as little as possible. I still gotta run this website though so I wanna let ya know that I’m concerned about privacy as much, if not more, as you.
- Since data is a liability, I think it should only be collected and processed only when it’s absolutely necessary.
- Spam sucks. You won’t get any from me. Don’t send me any.
- I’ll never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
2.1 How Your Data Is Protected When Using This Website
- The website, samdamico.com, is protected with SSL security. That lock and the https lets ya know you that any data passed through this website is secured.
- Any Third party vendors used in the operation of this website also use SSL security.
- Here’s some information about SSL –> https://biztechmagazine.com/article/2017/06/http-vs-https-debate-over-only-one-helps-keep-your-business-safe-cybercrime
3. Obeying The Law
I do my best with keepin’ up with the laws about data protection and user privacy and make sure that the third parties I work with to run my website and sell products and services do the same.
4. Personal Information That This Website Collects And Why It’s Collected
4.1 Visitor Tracking
Like most websites, this site uses third parties to track visitor interaction. This data is used to determine the number of people visiting this site, to better understand how they find and use the web pages and to see their travels through the website.
Although these tracking services record data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to me. These services also record your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but these services do not grant me access to this. These services are considered to be third party data processors (see section 7 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop these services from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
4.2 When You Leave Comments
Should you choose to add a comment to anything that’s published on this website, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective page/post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors detailed below. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website although if the supplied email address is linked to a Gravatar account, your Gravatar photo may also be displayed.
Your comment and it’s associated personal data will remain on this site until I see fit to either 1.) remove the comment or 2.) remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and it’s associated personal data deleted, please send me an email using the email address that you commented with.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on this website.
NOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field when posting to this website.
4.3 When Using Email
Should you choose to communicate via an email link like this one, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 7. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent via the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). While some email servers are secure, not all email servers are. With that in mind it’s suggested that you always consider email as an insecure way of communication and NEVER include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within an email.
4.4 When Getting On Sam’s Email List
If you choose to get on Sam’s email list, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to AWeber who provide us with email marketing services. We consider AWeber to be a third party data processor (see section 7 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of its internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within AWeber’s database for as long as I continue to use AWeber’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that are sent to you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to me using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before subscribing the the email list.
While your email address remains within the AWeber database, you will receive periodic emails from me.
5. How The Personal Information You Submit To This Website Is Stored
As detailed in section 4.2 above, if you submit a comment to somethung published on this website, some personal information will be stored within this website’s database. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is built on (WordPress).
As soon as possible, the storage of this data will be handled in a pseudonymous fashion. Storing the data in a pseudonymous fashion means that the data would require additional processing using a separately stored ‘key’ before it could be used to identify an individual.
Pseudonymisation is a recent requirement of the GDPR and many application developers are currently working to implement this protocol fully.
Since I’m concerned about privacy, I’m keeping Pseudonymisation a priority and will implement it on this website as soon as I can.
6. About The Server Used By This Website
This website is hosted by Pagely.
All traffic (transfer of information) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
7. Third Party Service Providers and Data Processors That I Work With That May Collect Data From You
As I said before in section 2, in the world of the interwebs data is a liability and I wanna be liable for as little as possible. That’s why I hand over the important stuff to third parties when it comes to user experience, privacy and data protection.
In order to provide products and services I work with number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen for their excellent customer service, user experience and compliance when it comes to the handling of personal data.
8. If There Is A Data Breach
Any illegal data breach of the database of this website or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
9. Questions Or Concerns About Data Protection?
Contact Sam –> https://samdamico.com/menu-related/contact-sam/
10.1 Change Log
- May 14, 2015
- July 24, 2018
- Added Clicky Web Analytics to Section 7.
Study And Practice Photography With Sam
Upcoming Group Photography Classes In Washington DC
Being A Photographer-An Online Discussion And Learning Platform For Photographers
Purchase A Photograph As Wall Decor
License The Use Of A Photograph For Commercial Or Editorial Use