Photo Editing Versus Photo Manipulation
- A blog post based on conversations with participants during my photography classes.
To me photo editing is a process of selection while photo manipulation is a process of control or influence.
While creating a photographs editing can be done by:
- Framing and content.
- Being selective in terms of what we photograph.
While creating a photograph manipulation can be done by:
- Asking people to pose.
- Moving objects in our photograph.
After creating a photograph editing can be done by:
- Making selections of “good” and “bad” pictures.
After creating a photograph manipulation can be done by:
- Altering the picture in such a way where it no longer accurately represents subjects.