At the core of of what you do as a photographer there are three things that need to be done to make a photograph.
- Meter – Measure the intensity of light.
- Make an exposure – Allow a specific amount of exposure to make the recording of light as bright or as dark as you want it to be.
- Focus – If you want something in your picture to be sharp, you must focus light rays onto light sensitive material.
The first two you do with your camera the third is done with your lens.
If you want to create the pictures that you want, you should be a photographer who is aware of what you are doing to create your photograph.
If you want to be a photographer who is a aware of what they are doing….
- You should be aware of where you are metering.
- You should be aware of your exposure settings.
- You should be aware of where you are focusing.